Ghost in the Shell (3/26/20)

I've always heard great things about both the manga and anime for Ghost in the Shell. I never had the chance to read/ watch it, however, so finally getting the chance to read the manga was perfect. I know very very little about the plot as well, so it was a new experience for me. One thing I noticed right away was the art style. I usually don't lean towards anime/ manga with the early 2000's style. However, with Ghost in the Shell, it's visually very pleasing to look at. One thing I found interesting was how few chapters there were in the manga. I was under the assumption that the series was this giant franchise considering how iconic the name was alone. Another thing I found interesting, was how the artist chose to color only select panels within each chapter. Some chapters would begin the first 2 or 3 pages being completely colored and rendered, only to switch back to traditional black and white. It adds an interesting dynamic to the manga as a whole and makes it unique. Overall, I enjoyed reading this manga and plan to watch the anime that matches it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silver Spoon (4/15/20)

My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness (3/5/20)