Itou Junji Collection (4/9/20)

For this week I read chapter 64 which was the "A Doll's Hellish Burial" short story. To me, Junji's art style is one of the most recognizable styles in the industry. Almost immediately I am able to tell when something is his work or inspired by his work. I picked a random story to read knowing all of Junji Itou's are amazing and don't connect (at least that I'm aware of). This story, in particular, is almost a fear of mine. Not necessarily during into a real doll, but creepy dolls in general or possessed dolls. I think that's something this author captures quite well. The sense of fear not only through storytelling but also the plot of each story. He also seemingly creates fears. For example, some of the stories I've seen, whether it was simple pictures or actually read them, the monsters are terrifying in themselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silver Spoon (4/15/20)

My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness (3/5/20)