"That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime" (4/2/20)

I was only able to read a few chapters of "That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime" but I really enjoyed what I was able to read. I always saw this manga in bookstores like Books-A-Million and Barnes and Noble but always laughed at the title. Recently, I've been seeing a lot of humor based anime/manga, though they aren't necessarily new. Immediately in the first chapter, I already loved the humor in it once the character was reincarnated. I also really like how the author plays around with the use of panels. For example, him depicting an all-black panel with white lineart. I haven't seen many manga artists do something similar to this but it is very interesting. I also loved how even though the character is a literal blob, there is such livelihood to this character. Despite the state, the character is in, you can get an almost full read on them simply based on the simple expressions.

I actually have never heard of the term "Isekai" before so it was interesting learning about it, especially after Sarah's presentation. I have seen an anime (possibly two though I am not sure) that would fall under this category, however. The anime I saw was called 'Sword Art Online'. SAO is a very popular anime that is considered an isekai anime, though it has very mixed reviews. I believe there are 3 seasons currently out though I only watched the first season. I genuinely enjoyed the first arc of the first season though, the second arc for me, drastically went downhill. Due to the second arc being not nearly as strong as the first, (which was most of season one) it prevented me from continuing to season 2. I really enjoy the concept of these types of animes where character are suddenly thrown into a new world entirely and must adapt quickly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silver Spoon (4/15/20)

My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness (3/5/20)